15 November 2010

Prom Date Date

Ok so I am assuming that by the fact that it has taken me so long to write part 2 of this story that there really isn't much to comment. And you'd be right. So I will do a quick summary and we can move on.

The dinner was set for 7:45. I got there a little after b/c I had trouble finding parking. He was stuck in traffic, still in the district. I got a table and finally he arrived a little after 8. I went in for the hug. I don't think he was expecting it, but I didn't really care b/c I hadn't seen him in 8 years and an awkward hug is better than no hug at all.

We each got a drink and then ordered food. I was starving and was trying to not seem like I was devouring the food. We were mainly catching up. We both have moved and gotten new jobs in the past month. And we talked about mutual friends and how thing shave changed since high school and college. I had a really good time. Mainly it was just good to see him.

He said that he should better be going since it was getting late (even though we had just been talking about a place across the street that has amazing fresh ice cream everyday). He paid for the dinner which was really nice of him. We got up and walked to our cars. At dinner he said that we should do it again sometime. But when we got to the first car (which was his) he just gave me a hug and wished me luck at my race on Sunday.

And that is the end of the story. A couple days later he invited me, through evite, to his housewarming party. I couldn't go b/c I was going out of town that weekend and I told him that when I responded. Then I invited him to mine, but he never RSVPed. I haven't seem him at church since, not that he is avoiding me, but I just haven't been able to say hello.

So I haven't heard from him since, but am not really sad. I mean I am disappointed, but I wasn't really expecting anything either. I don't know. Jack does die at the end of Titanic, so honestly, how much hope was there?

No comments: