02 February 2010

The Plot Thickens...Or Something

On Friday morning The Fourth walked up with me all the way to Ethan's office which is right by the swipe-access only doors for my office.  He knows people up there and went in to talk to them after Ethan saw us and said, "Oh, I want to talk to you two."

Oh, shit! I thought.  What's he going to say?  Is he going to say something about The Fourth and I as an US?!  Luckily, he wasn't that bad.  Instead of embarrassing me, he invited us both to his Super Bowl party.  I pretended like I hadn't been talking to him for a week about it already.  Anyway, he e-mailed me with the information and messaged The Fourth, though he said that he only did because he said that he would. Today he offered to send a reminder to him, but I told him not to bother.  I'm hoping that The Fourth doesn't come.  I mean, I don't know how many single guys will be at this thing, but I don't want to be stuck hanging out with one who isn't asking me out--that's a waste of time!

Back to Friday, though, I went back out to talk to Ethan after I had e-mailed him to assure him that I was coming to the party and to ask what I could bring.  During that time he had talked to Kenneth on the phone said that I was coming.  Kenneth got excited (whaaaa?!?!) and asked Ethan not to send an invitation to his home e-mail because he doesn't want the fiancee to come with him now.  Um?  Ethan told me a little bit more about the situation.  It seems as if the fiancee is the one who proposed and she started moving her stuff into Kenneth's place.  Now that they're living together, he's finding out a whole lot more about her, namely that her finances might be a mess.  If he's telling Ethan that they might be a mess, they are probably a BIG mess.  And even before he knew that I was going to be at the party, he told Ethan that he just needed to get out of his house (and away from the fiancee).

I still am not going there with the intention of home-wrecking.  I'm just going to have fun and hang out.  Even if Kenneth likes me, he's engaged and living with another woman.  And even if he breaks it off with her, I don't know that I want a guy with that kind of baggage.

No comments: